Silicone rubber tube, hose, cord & profile
We can cut a wide range of extruded silicone rubber products, such as medical tubing, milking hose, reinforced turbocharger hose & any number of profiles & cords.
Cutting silicone rubber is not the easiest, either in-line or off-line from coils.
In-line after the extruder, it can be hot from the curing process. Surface temperatures of up to 200⁰C are not unusual by the time the material reaches the cutter.
Even when a post-cure is required, the silicone material is sticky, prone to stretch & generally difficult to handle. All these problems are multiplied when it is cut off-line from a coil.
To achieve any degree of cut length accuracy, it is essential to locate a sonar loop control unit before the Servo-Torq® cutting machine. This ultra-sonic device allows the extrusion to relax before it enters the cutter. Without it, the cut length variation will be excessive due to product stretch.
Other options are available, such as high temperature caterpillar belts & air-venturi cutter guides.
- Servo-Torq® Mini Combination rotary cutters
- Servo-Torq® Mini Slider-base combination rotary cutters
- Servo-Torq® Medi Combination rotary cutters
- Servo-Torq® LT & MT Combination rotary cutters
- Servo-Torq® HD & XHD Combination rotary cutters
- Off-line cutting cells
- W-2 Ultra-sonic sonar loop control device